1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter 3.5mm audio + digital video distribution amplifier

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by George M, Jan 14, 2016.

1. George M

George M New member

I have one PC with VGA, DVI, DisplayPort video outputs and a 3.5mm audio output.

I'm currently using DS Vision 3000 system as a distribution amplifier over CAT-6, sending the AV signal to five screens, about 100 feet away.

I'm now looking to go digital as my new screens will be HDMI @ 1080p.

Can you recommend a system that will accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

The challenge here is to take the analog audio and to embed it so that the HDMI connectors on the screens end will carry both video and audio signals.

First, you'll need to connect your computer's DVI and analog audio to a little AV converter/embedder, which will crate an integrated (audio+video) HDMI signal.

Then you'll use an HDMI splitter/extender to send the signal over CATx to your five screens.

For the AV converter/embedder - look at:
    - FC-49, which can accept 3.5mm audio and is HDCP compliant, or...
    - DVIA-HD-CNVTR-LC, which is not HDCP compliant and only accepts L/R RCA audio (which in your case will require a little adapter).

Then, choose an HDMI splitter/extender with a sufficient number of ports, with the VS1808T being the most cost effective.