1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix 3 monitors/keyboard to control 3 computers

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Adam, May 24, 2015.

1. Adam

Adam Active member

Yes, 8.1.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

The screen blanking appears to be a DisplayPort issue on Windows.

Whenever a DisplayPort screen connection-change occurs, Windows decides that it must shuffle everything around and performs a new "hand shake" with monitor. This happens every time you switch, which results in a brief screen-blanking. This appears to be a built-in Windows feature that cannot be disabled.

One possible workaround is to make the video card on each of your computer get the screen's EDID from a file instead of from the monitor.
    On your graphics card's control panel, under System Topology, you most likely will find that EDID information is currently read from the monitor. Click to change it: Export the monitor's current EDID information to a file, then load it back in so that the EDID information is always read from the file, not from the monitor. After such a change, the topology will then list each display as either EDID forced or file.

Repeat this step for each monitor and each computer, making sure to use a different and identifiable file-name for each one.

Hope this helps!

3. Adam

Adam Active member

This is great info! I'll give this a shot this week and see if I can make it work. Thank you!

4. Adam

Adam Active member

Success!! Thank you...it would have taken me a long time to figure out that solution!

5. Customer Service

Customer Service Staff Member

Excellent!

Did this discussion answer your question?
    Was it helpful?

We'd love to hear from you! Please share your feedback.