1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Wall 3x3 video wall

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Aviran, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Aviran

Aviran New member

I'm looking to setup a 3x3 video wall. The nine screens should display the video output coming from one HDMI source, with the single image stretched out and displayed as one image on the 3x3 screen setup.

The video source is coming from a video switch I'm using, which is located about 120 feet away from the screens.

I have the ability to extend the video signal from the source to the screens via a CATx run.

Can you recommend the hardware required to accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Accomplishing this will require three components:

1) Video extension: Use an HDMI extender such as VE800A to send the video signal from the source (your video switch) to the destination (the location of the screens).

2) Video wall processor: Install an EZWall-Pro 3x3 near the screen location and connect the extended HDMI signal into the HDMI input port. Use 9x DVI-HDMI cables to connect EZWall-Pro 3x3's nine DVI outputs to your 9 HDMI screens.

3) Screens: We don't offer these, but you can go with any household brand screen (you do not need it to be a TV, since you don't need a TV tuner). You should prefer screens with small bezel since they lend themselves better to video-wall applications. Choose screens with either HDMI or DVI input connectors (DVI and HDMI support compatible video).