1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch AB component switch

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Bruce S, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Bruce S

Bruce S New member

Do you have an AB switch for a component connection that would switch between VCR, DVD, and TV?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

To clarify, you're looking for a 2-port component switch that will allow you you to use your TV to view (and switch between) your VCR and DVD, right?

3. Bruce S

Bruce S New member

I have a Smart TV, Charter DVR, DVD, and VCR. I want to be able to switch between all four.

Apparently I need to use stereo A/V cables with color codes red and white (video), yellow (sound).

I'm not sure what a '2-port component switch' is.

I hope that helps.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]Initially you asked for a switch with 'component connection'. Component is easily identified by its Red/Green/Blue RCA connectors for video PLUS Red/White RCA connector for audio.
    If you have this type of connectors on all four of your pieces of equipment then you could use the 3-Play TOSLink/Component Selector Switch.

If, instead, you have composite connections (which consist of Yellow RCA connector for video and Red/White RCA connector for audio), then you could use the 3-Play TOSLink, S-Video/Composite Selector Switch.