1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix ATEN VM0404H 4x4 HDMI video/audio matrix switch

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Rick D, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Rick D

Rick D New member

I am inquiring about the ATEN VM0404H 4x4 HDMI video/audio matrix switch. The details showed long-distance transmission - up to 65 feet (20 m) (24 AWG).

Will I be able to use this system if my setup is as followed:
    I am currently using the ATEN VE800A with 75' of CAT6 cables to 4 displays.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

This applies to the use of straight HDMI cables running from the switch to the displays.

Yes. An HDMI extender (such as VE800A) can be used to instead of a straight HDMI cables to facilitate a longer distance between the switch and the displays.

3. Rick D

Rick D New member

I'm seeing that the ATEN VM0404H comes with an IR remote control for controlling the switch.
    1) Will this work if I'm using a Niles system to extend the IR?
    2) My Niles system supports an IR range of 25-90KHz. Can you advise what is the frequency used by the VM0404H's IR remote control?

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Yes. a Niles IR extension system is agnostic and will extend any IR signal within its supporting range.

38KHz.