1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Keyboard/Mouse Bluetooth on a KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by dtech, Dec 2, 2016.

1. dtech

dtech Guest

I'm wondering, assuming that the USB bluetooth adaptor is compatible with the connected computers, can you plug a USB bluetooth adaptor into a KVM switch for use with a wireless and mouse? I know that, at the minimum, it would take awhile for the adaptor to "wake up" each time the host is switched and that I would not be able to use it in BIOS or recovery mode, but I can just work around this shortcoming via connecting in each machine directly when I need that functionality. According to elsewhere on the internet, I should be able to this, but I want to confirm that this solution is generally compatible with most KVM switches.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

It is not!
    KVM switches may or may not work with wireless keyboard and mouse, and there's no way to tell other than experimenting.
    Click here to read more about this subject.