1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Media Player BrightSign players w/ Wi-Fi and USB Type A

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Josh W, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Josh W

Josh W New member

I'm looking for BrightSign media players that can handle HTML, USB and Wi-Fi.

Regarding USB - I need the media player to support USB Type A, but I'm noticing that new Series-3 players support USB Type C.

I also need the media player to support HTML and Wi-Fi. Can you provide such BrightSign media players that support USB Type A, HTML and Wi-Fi?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

The following BrightSign 2-series are still available and support USB Type A and HTML:
    LS422, XD1032, XD1132, 4K1142. The problem is that the Wi-Fi modules for these players have been discontinued. BrightSign has tested and recommends using an alternative IOGEAR Universal Wi-Fi N Adapter to facilitate Wi-Fi communication with the player.

The following BrightSign 3-series also support USB Type A and HTML:
    HD1023, XD1033, XT1143. The problem is that the Wi-Fi modules for these players will only become available in January 2017. The IOGEAR Universal Wi-Fi N Adapter has been tested by BrightSign with these 3-series models as well. BrightSign recommends using it to facilitate Wi-Fi communication with these 3-series players.