1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Digital audio to analog on Samsung Smart UHD TV

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Phyllis, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Phyllis

Phyllis New member

I am attempting to convert digital audio to analog to use a TVDex to hear TV audio through Widex hearing aids.
    We have hooked up the Gefen Digital to Audio using a Toslink cable on the back of the TV into the Gefen box then the cable that came with the TVDex from the Gefen box using white and red plugs into the back of the TVDex.
    I have written to Samsung to see if there is something I need to change on the TV menu but have not had a response.
    Widex is blaming Samsung stating that it works on all TVs.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

It sounds like you are hooking up everything correctly. A few things to check:
    1) Make sure the TOSLink jack on the back of the TV is marked: "Audio out".
    2) On the GefenTV Digital Audio to Analog Audio Converter - make sure the switch is in the "Optical" position (see blow-up images).

Hope this helps!