1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Displaying 3 video outputs from two computers on a wide screen

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Justin, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Justin

Justin New member

I have two computers, each with four video outputs (Mini DisplayPort).

I have three projectors I want to use to display video from three (out of the 4) video outputs on a wide screen, with no gaps and no overlaps.

I'm looking for a KVM switch that will allow me to accomplish this from one computer at a time.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

A multi-screen KVM switch supporting three (3) video ports per computer will do the job for you.
    [​IMG]Each computer will have three video connections into the KVM switch.
    In turn, the KVM switch will have three video connections to your three projectors.
    The KVM switch will allow you to switch between the two computers. When you switch to computer B, the three video outputs from computer B will display (via the projectors) on your wide screen.
    Setting up the way the video from the three outputs is displayed is controlled via your operating system and the video cards (learn more about multi-screen KVM switches).

Depending on the resolution you need to support (and on your budget), the following models will accomplish this for you:
    DVN-4Trio-DL
    DVN-4Trio
    AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen, Triple-Head
    All models support DVI connections, but since DVI video is compatible with DisplayPort, all you'll need to make the connections are simple adapters.