1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen DPN-4DUO

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Alan T, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Alan T

Alan T New member

Hello Sir /Madam,
    I am very interesting on your DPN-4DUO-S: 4-port dual-head DisplayPort KVM switch control by RS232. We really want to use this box checking our product testing.

Let's me describe about our product is graphic card.
    1) Case I) Our graphic card is having 8 output of DPs. Every time we want to have one display out at a time. So please advise that this box can work or not control by RS232 with our system test is using Tiny Linux? Does your SW can support controlling it or not?

2) Case II) With our graphic card each one has 4 DP outputs. We will try to put these 2 graphic cards on one our test Tiny Linux OS station run instantaneously at the same time, because i know your box has 4 DP inputs and one output A and 4 DP inputs in B side / one DP output on B side. Could you please advise your RS232 can control both side of inputs at the same time or not?

I would love to hear from your technical support so we can start develop the test fixture and later if it work then can purchase for our production.

Thanks and regards, Alan

2. Michael SmartAVI

Michael SmartAVI Active member

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your interest in our product. I will try to answer your questions as best as I can?

1) This box works with RS232.

2) We switch both with the same command. The 2 boards work in parallel.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,