1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Upscale DVDs and projector info

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by António Martins, Apr 29, 2015.

1. António Martins

António Martins New member

I have a 1080p Acer H6510BD projector and a Samsung BD F-7500 Blue ray player, a 116" 1.0 gain white screen. I'm seating at 18 feet. I only watch DVDs as I'm not planning on switching my collection from DVD to Blue ray...that would be just too expensive!

Having in mind that I'm dealing with SD material, I just want to make the most out of my DVDs with the set up I have :)

I'm happy with some DVDs but with other ones I do notice artifacts on the image... and the image always looks better in "close-up"scenes, is this normal?

In your wise opinion, should I change something on my setup? Are the distances and screen sizes correct, should I change my Blue ray player to get a better up-scaling process for my DVDs?

I've heard Oppos are great but are expensive compared to the Samsung Blue Ray player I own, are Oppos worth it... Should I consider an external up-scaler?

Thank you very much for your help!

Warm Regards from Portugal