1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Video DVI to HD15 VGA adapters

Discussion in 'Adapters' started by Paul Gallo, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Paul Gallo

Paul Gallo New member

Hello, I purchased these items last month:

Order number: 5982
    Date of order: October 8, 2014
    1 x CubiQ DVI KVMP Switch, 4-Ports (CS1764A)
    2 x DVI Female to HD15 VGA Male Video Adapter (26957)

The KVM is marvelous! The one problem I have however, is trying to connect the DVI KVM cable to a PC with only an Analog output.

I tried the adapters I purchased, but there is no video.
    Did I need a different adapter?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Glad you like the KVM switch you purchased. As you know, your CubiQ DVI KVMP Switch supports DVI-I, which means it can accept either digital DVI video or analog VGA video.

[​IMG]The cables that come with the switch, however, are DVI-D cables, supporting digital video only.

Assuming you are using these cables with the DVI Female to HD15 VGA Male Video Adapters you purchased will explain why you're getting no video when connecting to a PC with only an analog (VGA) output - the cables (not the switch) are not compatible with analog video.

All you'll need is a to use a cable which supports DVI-I (such as these all-in-one KVM cables). Use the adapter you have with this cable to connect to your VGA computer and it will pass the analog video.

3. Paul Gallo

Paul Gallo Guest

Interesting... I was very selective in my purchase of the CS1764A - CubiQ DVI KVMP Switch, since it is made to support *both* DVI and Analog video. I use the KVM to service different computers daily, and many still have only Analog video.

Who would have guessed that the cables that *come with* a KVM that support DVI/Analog were made to ONLY support DVI? Not me, that's for sure.

Too bad I can't return/trade in a couple of the DVI-D cables for a couple DVI-I cables...???

Paul

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Yes.... not sure why ATEN has chosen to include cables supporting only DVI-D video. We make sure, however, to make a note of that in our "package content" list.

And since the cables are part of the CubiQ switch assembly they cannot be traded in, unfortunately.