1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Extending touch-screen

Discussion in 'KVM' started by James L, Jan 16, 2017.

1. James L

James L New member

I was looking at KE6900Kit and wanted to confirm it suits my requirements:

1) Does KE6900 support RS-232 extension?

2) I'm looking to extend a computer console 330-650 feet away from the computer, with support for touch-screen.
    Video: DVI
    Keyboard/mouse: USB
    Touch-screen: RS-232 or USB 2.0
    Will KE6900 accomplish this?

3) If not, can you recommend a system that will support the KVM + touch-screen extension (either RS-232 or USB)?

4) Can you recommend alternatives to KE6900 that will accomplish this at a lower cost?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

KE6900 does not support RS-232 extension (KE6900's serial port is designed for controlling the box).

No, KE6900 will not accomplish this. KE6900 is an extension system that utilizes Ethernet network, while it appears that your application requires a point-to-point direct extension (NOT via a network), utilizing a dedicated run of CATx cable.

Check out the following DVI/USB/RS232 extenders:
    CE620 (330 feet)
    SDX-Plus (330 feet)
    AdderLink XD150 (492 feet)
    DVI KVM HDBaseT Extender (495 feet)

Check out the following DVI/USB/USB-peripheral extenders (the ability to extend USB 2.0 peripherals should support your USB touch-screen):
    CE610 (330 feet)
    CE620 (330 feet)
    SDX-Ultra (330 feet)
    AdderLink XD150 (492 feet)
    DVI KVM HDBaseT Extender (495 feet)
    DVIKVM Extra Long Range Extender (330 feet)

Note: As you can see, some models support both RS-232 and USB-peripheral extension.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...