1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter HDMI over CAT-6

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Philip Daniel, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Philip Daniel

Philip Daniel New member

I am looking for an HDMI over CAT-6 solution to re-fit an existing building.
    I have 1 CAT-6 cable from my source to a room where I can split and power, ~80'. From here 2 CAT-6 cables to where the screens will be. also ~80'. I was looking at your solution using: VOPEX-C5HDMI-4 . Am I looking at a suitable product? This will not have to be expanded.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Unfortunately, VOPEX-C5HDMI-4 is no longer available.

The feature you're looking for (driving the signal on a single CATx-run half way, then splitting it and sending it in separate runs to multiple locations - all incorporated into one product) is mostly available for VGA and scarcely available for HDMI.

To overcome this, you may need to break the setup into two:
    1) HDMI extender for the single CATx run.
    2) 2) HDMI splitter-extender (such as HDX-400) that will receive signal from #1's receiver, split it and send it on two CATx runs to your two screens.