1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by IbrahimN, Sep 3, 2015.

1. IbrahimN

IbrahimN New member

Dear Team,

I am willing to use the following configuration in a network operations centre.

The graphic cards will be as follows: (6 HDMI ports) x 3

· AMD FirePro W5100 consisting of 4 DisplayPort output with Adapters to convert to HDMI will be provided. This graphic card can support 4 displays simultaneously.

· The second graphic card will be the AMD FirePro W2100 with can support 2 displays. Here also we shall provide DisplayPort to HDMI adapters.

· Intel Xeon processor (3.5GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Cores)

· 8GB RAM

· 1TB storage space

The HDMI cables will remain connected from each port to its individual monitoring screen via HDMI.

I wanted to use a wireless keyboard and mouse throught one of your product to toogle throught the screens. >>>K308<<<

QUESTIONS:
    Will that allow me access the 3 servers through wireless Keyboard/mouse?
    Please treat as urgent.

Best regards,

IN

Notes:
    1. Server identified attached
    2. http://www.kvmgalore.com/shopping/cs17916-aten-p-49212.html

Attached Files:

2. IbrahimN

IbrahimN New member

Also please send me the appropriate cables suitable to connect to the mentioned servers.

3. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

ATEN CS1798 (or CS17916) you referred to is a KVM switch (which also shares monitors). To set it up for computers with multi-video heads you need to deploy another unit for each additional video head - not ideal.

K308, as a KM switch, can support computers with multiple video-heads, but it may prove inconsistent with a wireless keyboard/mouse (see knowledge-base article).

On the flip side, we have confirmed with the manufacturer that the SKM-04 will work well with a wireless keyboard/mouse, as well as support computers with multiple video-heads.

Required cables from computers to switch: Standard USB B to USB A cables.

4. IbrahimN

IbrahimN New member

hello thank you for you prompt reply i would like a suggestion of wireless keyboard and mouse that is compatible and rechargeable. please.