1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch KVM for dual view monitor

Discussion in 'KVM' started by John S, May 2, 2016.

1. John S

John S New member

Wondering if you have advice on a KVM that would work with this monitor as a dual view monitor. If using dual view, the resolution is 1640 by 2048 portrait.

Basically, I am looking for running two computers to this monitor and using it in dual view mode for both computers (it is a single monitor but can have essentially two portrait desktops.)

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

We have a few clarifying questions:

Does this monitor have two video inputs (one for each portrait desktop)?

2) What type video inputs does the monitor have (i.e. VGA; DVI)?

3) Do your computers have two video outputs each?

4) What type video outputs do the computers have (i.e. VGA; DVI)?

Please advise.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

3. Jgs2n

Jgs2n Guest

4. KVMGalore Expert

5. KVMGalore Expert

A note regarding AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen, Dual-Head:

Your monitor is a medical imaging monitor therefore it requires automatic image calibration. Some manufacturers calibrate over the USB connection, other use the DDC pins of the DVI connections. Most monitors will be able to calibrate successfully once Hybrid DDC is enabled on the switch. Instructions about how to enable hybrid DDC can be found in the manual.

6. jgs2n

jgs2n Guest

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.