1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP KVM over IP supporting Linux

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Mike H, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Mike H

Mike H New member

We are looking to replace an older Minicom KVM switch.

We are a mostly Linux shop with a few other systems and would like a KVM switch with local access and possibly multiple remote IP access sessions.

The Minicom is windows only for the remote so we need remote access from a Linux workstation.

The adder catxIP 5000 looks interesting as it uses VNC and so should support Linux for it's remote connections.

Is this a reasonable choice for KVM or are there other alternatives we should look at?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

AdderView CATxIP 5000 is an excellent choice if you need 4 concurrent IP access sessions, and is the only one supporting VNC.
    [​IMG]
    Depending on how many computers you're looking to support, you may want to have a look at some other choices that support multiple concurrent IP access sessions.

3. Mike H

Mike H New member

We don't need 4 concurrent remote sessions but 2 would be nice. I don't see any other switches that look more desirable, so unless there is something you know about I'll go with Adder. Looking through the manual it should do all we need.

Could you send me a quote for the CATxIP 5000 - model AVX5016IPC-US with the 8 USB CAMs. Also add 2 PS/2 cams, 6 more USB CAMs and what is needed to rack mount the unit.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

We've created a quote for you. An e-mail has been sent out to you with instructions on how to retrieve the quote.