1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix Matrix AV switch with extension

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Mark CP, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Mark CP

Mark CP New member

I'm looking to setup a system by which I can send 6 HDMI sources (DVD player, X-Box, etc.) to 3-5 screens, supporting 3D video.

I'd like to be able to decide which source gets viewed on which screen, including the possibility of one source being viewed on all screens at the same time.

I have a remote control that is able to control all the source devices - I'd like to be able to use it in from of any one of the screens to control the device the screen is displaying.

I'd like the audio to independently go through an audio receiver, and to independently be able to control the source of the audio being played.

Video sources are all in one place (where the matrix switch can also be located).

Screens are up to 50 feet away (max.) from the sources.

Can you recommend a matrix switching system that can accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Except for the independent audio, all the following solutions will do the job for you:

HDR-Ultra, with a number of different models to choose from. Receivers are sold separately.

VM3909H, which may be a bit too big for you. Choose between a receiver that suits your requirements (sold separately).

VM1600, which offers flexibility being that it is modular. Modules purchased separately.

KD-HD6x6Lite - Probably the most cost effective unit, with six receivers included.

For running the audio independently via a dedicated audio receiver, your best bet would be to connect each one of your sourced to an HDMI input port on your audio receiver. If your source-devices don't provide dual output, you could use a simple 2-port HDMI splitter for each source-device. Connect one output to the AV matrix and another to the audio receiver.