1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP Remote management card

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Anna L, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Anna L

Anna L New member

Hello,
    I'm looking for something like "IP8000" remote management card, but in PCIe form, to install in HP Proliant server. Do you carry something like that? Or could you suggest another Remote Management solution for a single system.

Thank you,

Anna

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Anna,

IP8000 is an old product. KVM over IP manufacturers have, over the years, moved away from making KVM over IP cards for remote access (to be installed inside a server), preferring to make external 'KVM over IP Gateways' (for single systems) instead. This is why you'd be hard pressed to find such a card supporting PCIe.

In particular, have a closer look at Dominion KX II-101 V2 or AdderLink iPEPS (supporting VGA video); or AdderLink Digital iPEPS (supporting digital video).

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

3. Anna L

Anna L New member

Thank you for your response!

Would any of these devices also allow us to restart servers? And how can I find out if they allow for IP restrictions?

4. KVMGalore Expert

What do you mean by IP restrictions?

P.S. Please DO NOT RESPOND VIA E-MAIL! If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

5. Anna L

Anna L New member

I want to allow only two computers to connect to the Remote Management device. Usually there's IP Restriction that I can set that would only allow this 2 IP addresses to connect. Like Dell's iDrac has it for example. I'm able to allow connections from certain subnets. Unfortunately, this is HP server and iLO doesn't have IP Restriction setting. So I'm looking for an alternative solution.

6. KVMGalore Expert

7. KVMGalore Expert

These devices, as stand-alone units, do not support powering servers on/off.

Dominion KX II-101 V2 can accomplish this when using a Raritan PDU along with an adapter.