1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse KVM Reverse KVM

Discussion in 'KVM' started by David, Mar 24, 2014.

1. David

David New member

I am looking to put together a reverse KVM matrix for my home. I am looking for a set up I can grow with.

Initially, I am looking for a "reverse KVM" set up where I can control 1 PC with two consoles (with USB) with one console control at a distance (CAT-5). I want to start off with this basic set up but be able to add computers and consoles over time.

Do you have any advice? I would purchase through your site.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

3. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG] The most effective solution for a 2x1 solution (2 consoles, one computer) with one console being extended over CAT-5 away from the computer would be a KVM extender that supports both local and remote access (such as ATEN USB KVM Console Extenders).

Otherwise, you could use a classic Reverse KVM box, and connect a USB KVM Extender to one (or more) of the console ports.

But, if you want a real matrix without limiting yourself to a pre-defined port count, have a look at VGA KVM over IP and AdderLink INFINITY systems, which allow you to create a matrix using a Gigabit Ethernet network (learn more...).