1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter Sending a presentation to 6 screens

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Brenden F, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Brenden F

Brenden F New member

I have a video presentation (say a Power Point file on a USB stick) which I want to simultaneously display on six screens scattered in different rooms in one house, all within about 100 feet.

Some of the screens are positioned in a way that makes cable-access to them quite difficult, and so I would prefer doing this wirelessly.

Can you recommend a system that will accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Sorry for the delay.

Media players typically don’t support playback of native PowerPoint files. You can export your presentation to .bmp or .jpeg, then play those images using a playlist of an authoring software that typically comes with a media player. You can also convert a PowerPoint slideshow into an .mpeg or .wmv video file, both of those formats are typically supported by such authoring software.

A simpler way, of course, to play the PowerPoint presentation would be by using a computer.

Long range wireless video distribution system are typically limited to no more than four screens (a good choice would be Multicast HDMI Wireless Extenders). Since you have 6 screens, some of which may be accessed via wires, you may want to use a wired HDMI splitter-extender such as VS1814T in conjunction with the wireless solution.