1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Triple-video KVM and touch-screen extension

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Justin R, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Justin R

Justin R New member

I have a computer with three (3) DVI video outputs, driving video to three screens.

One of the screens is also a USB touch-screen.

I'm looking to position the computer some 300 feet away from the console, utilizing CAT-6 for extension.

The extension also needs to support powered (via USB) speakers (although if this isn't possible I could alternately power the speakers with a power-adapter).

Can you recommend a product that will accomplish this extension?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Quite a challenge indeed, as most multi-screen KVM extenders only support dual-view, and the ones supporting all your requirements use fiber rather than CATx.

But you can accomplish your extension needs by using two products:

1) DVI + USB KVM extender supporting USB touch-screen (extending one video output to your touchscreen, keyboard and mouse). These two products will accomplish this for you:
    AdderLink XD150
    CE610

2) 2x DVI video extender (to extend the video from the other two video outputs), such as XTENDEX DVI or SDX or DVI ELR.