1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen 2-computer 2-monitor KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Brian PA, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Brian PA

Brian PA New member

Attached find my best attempt at a picture of my problem.

I am trying to find a 2-computer 2-monitor KVM switch.

My identical monitors have: 2x HDMI; 1x VGA connection.

My docking stations:
    1) Dell: 2x DVI; 1x VGA; 1x HDMI
    2) HP: 1x VGA; 1x HDMI

Can you recommend a solution and give me a quote please?

Attached Files:

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Brian,

Thank you for reaching out.

This 2-Port Dual-Monitor DVI-VGA KVMP Switch will do the job for you.
    From your Dell - use the DVI output to the DVI connector on the switch; use the VGA output to the VGA connector on the switch.
    From your HP - use the HDMI output to the DVI connector on the switch (with a DVI-HDMI cable you are already familiar with); use the VGA output to the VGA connector on the switch.

With your monitors - use the VGA connector on monitor #1 to connect to the VGA console port on the switch; use the HDMI connector on monitor #2 to connect to the DVI console port on the switch (with a DVI-HDMI cable you are already familiar with).

And you are all set! :) Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.