1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter 2 PCs; 4 monitors

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Seung T, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Seung T

Seung T New member

I have two PCS (with DVI video) which I'm looking to control via a KVM switch (1x keyboard; 1x mouse).

I'd like to setup 4 screens (HDMI), so that whenever I switch to a PC, its video is being displayed (in duplication) on the four (4) displays.

Can you please recommend a solution?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Sorry for the delay in this response.

You will need to setup a combination of a 2-port KVM switch and a 4-port video splitter. For a robust system you may want to stay away from Cable KVM switches.

The two computers will get connected to the KVM switch.

To the console ports of the KVM switch you will connect one keyboard/mouse, and - instead of one monitor - the 4-port video splitter, which will take the video coming from the selected PC and display it (in duplication) on the for monitors connected to it. Make sure the video splitter comes with a cable. If it doesn't - make sure to get one to make the connection.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime.