1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse KVM 2 PCs accessed from two different consoles

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Brady R, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Brady R

Brady R New member

Hello,

I am looking to replace our current KVM set up for a better , more reliable system that responds quicker.

We have two (2) PC that we must access on two (2) different consoles. Our current set up is using two (2) Raritan KVM 8 Port Switches, four (4) Raritan Remote KVM Module, two (2) Raritan PC Share. I can provide a basic block diagram for your reference, if needed.

Please provide me with a quote to upgrade this system.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Please advise the following:
    1) Model No. for the Raritan 8-port KVM switches you are currently using
    2) Model No. for the Raritan remote KVM modules you are currently using
    3) Please provide a diagram of your current setup
    4) What is the distance between each PC and the two consoles?
    5) What type video do the PCs have?

P.S. Please DO NOT RESPOND VIA E-MAIL! Response is required via HelpCenter only.
    If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

3. Brady R

Brady R New member

1) MCC8
    2) URKVM
    3) See attached
    4) Less than 50 feet
    5) Using VGA but DVI capable

Attached Files:

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Thanks - this is very helpful.

Are the two user consoles (Bay 4 and Bay 8) close to one another (close enough for both to support local keyboard/mouse and monitor connection directly to one switch)?

Please advise.

Note: We suspect they are not close to one another but we need to confirm - knowing this will affect the type of solution we could offer you.