1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix 2x9 video switch

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Paul K, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Paul K

Paul K New member

I have two AV sources:
    1) HDMI
    2) VGA + 3.5 mm audio

I need to be able to send signal from anyone of the sources to anyone of the screens.
    I already have HDMI and VGA extenders running to the screens (over CATx), and so the matrix switch's outputs can be local.

I was able to find solution with for 8 screens (not enough, since I need nine) and for 16 screens (too many).

Any recommendations?

2. Paul K

Paul K New member

I have seen separate component for HDMI and VGA/Audio for 8 in and 8 out (Kramer VGA matrix switch and Kramer HDMI Matrix switch), which is a viable option if I choose to sacrifice one component.

But, if there is a reasonably priced solution for 10 in and 10 out, I would like to know what it is and what the cost would be.

3. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

To use a matrix AV switch that will send any of two sources to any of nine screens, we first need to level the playing field of the sources - in this case - convert the VGA+audio to HDMI, using a converter such as CVH-01. This is required since VGA (analog video) and HDMI (digital video) don't mix.

Then we can have one of our preferred vendors (Smart-AVI) build a special 2x10 HDMI Router for you, on the basis of the HDR system.

Please contact us via phone/e-mail for pricing and availability.