1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

KVM 3 computer triple display between mac, desktop and PC laptop.

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Bob, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bob

Bob Guest

I am currently running a mid 2010 MacBook Pro with matrix dual head2go on my Mac, connected to an IOGEAR GCS1642 dual link dual DVI switcher which spreads the Mac display across both screens. I have a dock for each laptop (MacBook Pro and Dell PC laptop) I am running this currently with one keyboard and mouse.

I want to add a third computer (gaming desktop PC) and a third display monitor. I'm guessing I would have to go to matrox triplehead2go, and if so, which KVM switcher would facilitate this best? Would the DVN-4Trio-DL work? Or would I require the the DVN-4Quad-DL?

Is there a better solution, and if so would it negate the need for the triplehead2go equipment?

If not, is there a solution that would allow me to run a MacBook Pro, a Dell laptop (both on docks) and a gaming desktop PC on three display monitors (Dell P2412H 60 Hz Monitors x 3) with one keyboard and mouse?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

You could, of course, use a matrox triplehead2go to create three video heads on your Mac, but it may be more cost effective to create your 3rd video head using a USB 2.0 video card such as USB 2.0 to DVI Adapter or
    USB 2.0 External DVI Video Card.

As for the KVM switch, you will need to use a model supporting three video heads (the triple will suffice - you don't need the quad).

The DVN-4Trio-DL is a good choice, as well as DVN-4Trio (supporting lower resolution) or AdderView 4 PRO DVI MultiScreen, Triple-Head.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you first sign-up before you reply to this thread (instead of responding as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

3. Michael SmartAVI

Michael SmartAVI Active member

Hi Bob, we recommend the DVN-4Trio-DL for your solution.