1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch 4K KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Tom Ro, May 9, 2020.

1. Tom Ro

Tom Ro New member

I have a home office and switch between two PCs/window laptops. I would like a KVM switch, but could use some help. Here are some particulars:
    1. Monitor - I only have one monitor and it supports 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution. The specific monitor is: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD99-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor
    The monitor can be powered and also receive its video/audio signal via a single USB-C cable. This would be my preferred option to minimize wires, unless this would sacrifice resolution quality.
    2. Keyboard - I connect a USB wired keyboard
    3. Mouse - I connect a wireless mouse via USB nano receiver that I normally keep plugged into the USB port

Bonus - Extra USB plug-ins to connect my network attached storage (NAS) device and scanner.
    Bonus - An Ethernet port would be bonus that I could plug into directly from my router.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Tom,

Thank you for reaching out.

To accomplish this, both your laptops must have USB Type-C connectors. Do they?

We see that your monitor has HDMI and DisplayPort video-input connectors. What type video connectors do each one of your laptops have?

Please advise. Once we have this information we'll be able to recommend a KVM switch for you.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.