1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter 6-screen video distribution system

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Thomas S, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Thomas S

Thomas S New member

1) I'm looking to set up a video distribution system in which one HDMI video source (from a computer) can be simultaneously displayed on six screens.

The screens are up to 125 feet away from the computer, and I was thinking of using CATx cables for the extension.

Two of my screens support 4K, and the other four screens only support 1080p.

I was looking at VS1808T, but I was wondering perhaps it would be wiser to get a system that supports 4K, so that it'll be compatible with 4K screens we may install in the future.

2) Down the road we may want to have the ability to send two video sources (computer + camera) to any of these 6 screens. Can you point us to a system that could accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

The nice thing about VS1808T is that not only it splits the signal, it also extends it (by having 8x built-in transmitters). A few things to note about this product, however:
    1) Being that it's an older model, it requires two CATx runs to each screen
    2) It supports 1080p resolution to a maximum distance on 130 feet

Alternatively, look at VS1818T, which is a newer model requiring only one CATx run per screen, and it supports 1080p and 4K resolution at a longer distance.

Have as closer look at KD-Pro6x6CC. This is a matrix switch with built-in extension. It'll take your two sources and allow you to display them on any combination of six extended screens. It also supports 4K resolution.