1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Wall 64-screen video wall processor

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Thomas C, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Thomas C

Thomas C New member

I'm looking to set up a video wall consisting of 64 screens spanning some 476 square feet.

I'm looking for a video-wall processor that will handle a 64-screen video wall coming from one video source.

So far I was only able to locate a 16-screen video-wall processor , although its cascading capability would ultimately support my 64-screen requirement.

Can you recommend a different solution, possibly one that doesn't require cascading?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out.

As we're sure you are aware, setting up a 64-screen video-wall is a task that requires many considerations other than the mere video-processing, some of which may include power and the distribution of the video signal from the source to the screens, among many other considerations.

Within 2-3 months we would be able to offer you one tvONE video processor that will be able to handle 64 screens - they are coming out with a 4-port output card that can be populated in a 16-slot chassis designed to do exactly what you're looking for.

A different approach you may want to consider is Video over IP that support video-wall (you can also find them here including USB support). Utilizing a Gigabit Ethernet switch, this solution takes care of the signal distribution, and some models even support PoE which you may find to be very beneficial in your application (click on the PoE Support filter option to view the models supporting PoE). In your case, deploying a Video over IP system will require 1x Transmitter (Sender/Encoder) connected to your signal source and 64x Receivers (Decoders), each connected to a screen.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.