1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch ATEN CS1844 Supported Resolutions

Discussion in 'KVM' started by weswam, Nov 12, 2020.

1. weswam

weswam New member

I have reviewed all the specs and documentation and was unable to find an answer to this question.

The ATEN CS1844 lists that it supports a max resolution of 4096x2160 @ 60Hz. This is great as this makes the KVM more future proof for my eventual setup. I am however currently still running 2x Dell monitors that max out at 1080p. I need to confirm if this KVM can handle lower resolutions. I would normally just assume it would but I have had bad luck with some other brands of KVMs that were rated at 4K and literally couldn't do anything less and those requirements were not documented anywhere prior to purchase so I want to try to confirm this ahead of buying another one.

I'm currently using a StarTech SV231DD2DUA and it's been nothing but a problem. The StarTech SV431DHD4KU was the one that couldn't seem to support monitor resolutions under 4K.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello weswam,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter and sorry for the delayed response.

ATEN CS1844 does support lower resolutions such as 1080p - we have just reconfirmed this with the manufacturer.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.