1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch ATEN CS1942DP supporting 1720x1440 resolution

Discussion in 'KVM' started by James P, Mar 28, 2020.

1. James P

James P New member

I am very interested in the ATEN CS1942DP KVM. What if this KVM is not considered defective, but it also does not 'work' with my configuration (monitor and laptops)?
    1. Can I return for a refund?
    2. What is the restocking fee for the ATEN CS1942DP KVM?
    Note that I will need to try it, meaning open the packaging. I'll contact technical support to try to resolve any issues but it's entirely possible it will work or work but not meet my needs (see below). This seems as it will not meet 'as new condition' return criteria for a refund, thus my questions.

My Setup/requirements:
    I have a 34" ultra wide Samsung monitor (SJ55W). I'm trying to find a KVM to support my two docked Lenovo laptops, and SJ55W monitor in split screen/dual monitor mode.
    Requirement: I need to display the split screens in the SJ55W at 1720x1440 resolution - can't be lower or will not meet my needs.

Thanks
    James

2. Customer Service

Customer Service Staff Member

Hello James,

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes!

If you're going to return the product not in "as new" condition, restocking fee will depend on the products condition when we receive it back from you. Such assessment will be determined based on the price be believe we could sell the unit for as a used unit.

Instead of returning, you may want to consider selling the product as a used product on eBay.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello James,

Thank you for reaching out.

CS1942DP supports dual video output, i.e. the same video coming from the computer you are switched to is displayed on two screens (both screens will display identical video-image).

Not sure what you mean by "split screen/dual monitor mode".
    Please advise.

CS1942DP supports DisplayPort 1.2 spec. If the you have a 1720x1440 DisplayPort monitor and your DisplayPort video card can support 1720x1440, then it should work.

Awaiting your clarification.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.