1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Best KVM for my configuration

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Ramy, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Ramy

Ramy Guest

I plan to have two machines (a laptop and a desktop) that will connect to a single HDMI monitor (2560x1440 native resolution). The laptop connects via a USB->HDMI device and the desktop only has DP ports, so I will probably use a DP->HDMI cable. Which KVMs will work with my configuration and do I have to be aware of any other potential issues? If there is a way, I can send you a diagram image of my setup (a picture is worth a thousand words).

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Ramy,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

When you sign up (instead of being a guest) , HelpCenter allows you to upload a file (learn more here).

Any of these 2-port HDMI KVM switches will do the job for you.

In addition the the video connection, each of your computers will also need an available USB Type-A port to be used to connect it to the KVM switch.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.