1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Cable to VGA display

Discussion in 'Cables' started by Robert Reynard, Dec 26, 2022.

1. I have your 4 computer switch that goes to my VGA display, mouse and keyboard. The little key device hat allows me to switch from one PC to another is starting to fail. I need to replace that cable. Do you sell that cable? If so, what is the price and how do I order it? Thanks, Robert Reynard

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter. Before we can point you in the right direction, we need some additional information about your setup.

What is the model number?

What cable are you referring to?

Please advise.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. Don't know the model number. I bought it years ago.

The cable is the one that goes from the switch unit to the VGA display. There is a small diameter wire that goes to the little unit that you press to change from one computer to another. It's all one cable connector. In order to replace that failing unit. Sometimes you press it and it doesn't switch to the next computer and sometimes it passes the next computer and connects the next one.

4. KVMGalore Expert

Robert,

It is impossible for us to identify the product you're referring to without a model number.
    You should be able to find the model number on the product itself.

The same goes for the referred cable.

If you sign up (instead of posting as a guest) you could upload pictures of your product and cable that may help with identifying your equipment.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

5. Robert Reynard

Robert Reynard New member

I've signed up. Don't understand how to use it. I took two pictures . Small switch.jpg Four Switch Unit.jpg

6. Robert Reynard

I'm 85 years old and can no longer crawl behind my disk to get to the 4 switch unit. If the pictures I was able to take or not satisfactory I have to wait until my son comes to visit (in about 2 weeks) and have him crawl back there and try to get better pictures.

7. Robert Reynard

It just occurred to me that those four cables may be a permanent part of the 4 switch unit and cannot be removed and replaced. If that is the case then my only option is to get an new 4 switch unit and replace the one I have. What would be the cost?

8. KVMGalore Expert

Robert,

This looks like an old IOGEAR Cable-KVM-Switch.
    It sounds like the switch itself may be failing (not the VGA cable). Click here to view similar 4-port Cable-KVM-Switch that support VGA.

The cable you mentioned appears to be a Male-Male VGA cable. Click here to view similar cables.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

9. Robert Reynard

Yes, that is the unit (old version) that used that little switch to change computers. The version you provided a link to doesn't use that switch, it uses the keyboard. And as I suspected, the cable is embedded so it can't be replaced. I will have to get a whole new 4 unit switch and replace the entire 4 port KVM Switch that supports VGA.
    Thanks for your help.