1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP Can I connect three laptops to a fourth one and control them from that?

Discussion in 'ASK - Get real answers from the experts' started by DGen, Feb 21, 2021.

1. DGen

DGen Guest

Hello

I want to connect three laptops to a fourth one and control them from that fourth one.

I would ideally need minimum latency and I also need to full control (video, audio, hotkeys etc).

Can you tell me how I can do that please?

Thanks!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello DGen,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Typically, a KVM switch allows you to control multiple computers from one console, NOT from another computer.

The only way to use a computer (your 4th laptop) to control multiple computers (your three other laptops) is to connect the 3 laptops to a KVM over IP switch. The switch gets connected to your network* (and gets assigned an IP address). Then you could bring up a Web browser on your 4th laptop (which must also be connected to your network*) and type in the switch's IP address. This will allow you to access, control and switch between the three laptops using your 4th laptop.

* The network can be your LAN and/or Internet.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.