1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender Controlling 4 CPUs from another room

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Hugo Medina, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Hugo Medina

Hugo Medina New member

I'm interesting in your product, but I don't know very well the solution, let me explain you our case.

We have one server cabinet in the server room (4 CPUs). In the other room I have one console with some workstations, and need to integrate in one monitor, keyboard and mouse all these server.

The distance between 2 rooms are 100 meters approximate.

You think is possible do this to get access to 4 servers by a KVM switch and extension?

DVI port is a video port in my server or display port can be an option.

I was seeing the model High-Density Dual-DVI + Audio KVM Extender - 4-Port Receiver maybe can do with that model, you tell me the best solution.

Thanks in advance.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

[​IMG]You won't need the High-Density Dual-DVI + Audio KVM Extender - 4-Port Receiver you mentioned. Instead you will need a two-prong solution.
    1) A 4-port DVI KVM switch in the server room. This switch will allow you to use one console to control anyone of your 4 servers.
    2) A DVI KVM extender, preferably with local access, such as KLX-500 or Cat5 Reach DVI, which will extend the console away from the switch, allowing you to position it in the other room. Using keyboard hot-keys you will be able to use the console in the other room to instruct the switch to switch among the 4 connected server. The local-access feature of the extender will allow you to connect another console by the switch, so that you can use a console locally when in need to service your servers.

3. Hugo Medina

Hugo Medina New member

Thanks for the response, can you help me with a quotation? including all the solutions cables and devices. or tell me where can I get this one.

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member