1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Does a GCS22U work for a windows 10 and windows 7 machine?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by tom kosel, Apr 16, 2021.

1. tom kosel

tom kosel Guest

I have a Windows 10 machine and a windows 7 machine, I want to use a kvm. will the GCS22U work for me?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Tom,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Yes! A KVM switch 'doesn't care' what operating systems the connected computers are running. All 'it cares' about is the hardware compatibility. So, as long as your two computers have VGA video running no higher than 2048x1536 resolution, and both computers support USB keyboard and mouse, GCS22U will indeed work for you.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.