1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen Dual input, dual output, 4k, USB3 KVM. Possible?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by UniqueName, Dec 18, 2017.

1. UniqueName

UniqueName Guest

Hello,

I'm looking for a dual input KVM that supports dual output 4K @ 60Hz and USB 3.0

The closest I've come is this Startech KVM, but it's only USB2. Also, the reviews are a bit ... mixed.

Does such a thing exist?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

KVM switches supporting USB 3.0 (or higher) for peripheral sharing* are still scarce in the marketplace, let alone in multi-video switches.

Look at all the 4K multi-video switches we currently offer.
    Especially, you may want to check out UHDN-4P-Duo. Unfortunately it too only support USB 2.0 for peripheral sharing.

* You do not need USB 3.0 in order to support sharing keyboard/mouse when using a KVM switch.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

3. UniqueName

UniqueName Guest

Thanks for your suggestions.

I was hoping to use USB3 to share another peripheral between PC's. I guess the fact that they are mainly used for Keyboards & Mice is the reason they don't make many/any.

I settled on these separate HDMI & USB switchers. Slightly less convenient, but much much cheaper:

http://amzn.eu/3eiSxeC
    http://amzn.eu/7Ew82xm

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Peripheral-sharing feature on KVM switches is designed for sharing USB peripherals such as scanner/external drive etc. These USB ports are provided in addition to USB ports for the keyboard/mouse. Notwithstanding, KVM manufacturers are indeed slow in keeping up with newer technology, and so most don't yet offer USB 3.0 (or higher) peripheral sharing.

Hopefully the generic brand switch you chose will prove reliable for you.