1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Dual screen KVM switch

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Chris J, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Chris J

Chris J New member

I am looking for a KVM switch that will allow dual screen output from any one of my 4 PC's.

However I also want to be able to switch so that while having 1 PC active on 1 screen, I can also view the contents of another screen on one of the other PC's.

The reason for this is mainly for trouble shooting where 1 PC locks up with an error message, I can then do my Internet searches etc., to diagnose the problem.

Can you please recommend a KVM Switch that will allow me to do this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

We need to have a better understanding of your definition of 'dual screen':

1) Does each one of your computers have two video outputs supporting extended desktop? or only one video output?

2) How many monitors do you want to have at your console (which is connected to the KVM switch)?

3) What type video do your computers and monitors support? DVI, VGA, etc.

4) What video resolution are your computers running?

3. Chris J

Chris J New member

Answers to your Questions

1) Does each one of your computers have two video outputs supporting extended desktop? or only one video output? Yes

2) How many monitors do you want to have at your console (which is connected to the KVM switch)? 2

3) What type video do your computers and monitors support? DVI, VGA, etc. DVI

4) What video resolution are your computers running? 1920 x 1080

Regards

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Thanks, but now we're confused.

You wrote: "However I also want to be able to switch so that while having 1 PC active on 1 screen, I can also view the contents of another screen on one of the other PC's."

Since each of your computers have two video outputs, each active PC will be using two screens on your console, not only one.

As a result - we don't quite understand your requirement.

It might be easier if you call us at 1-800-636-3434.

5. Chris J

Chris J New member

I didn't realize this would be a big deal. I am not in the USA so forgive me for not phoning you.

I thought there would be some way in which I could simply be able able to select one of the monitors as the main screen and be able to select any other PC in my 2nd monitor (obviously it would not get keyboard or mouse focus, but would be visible).