1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-view Four camera on one remote screen

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Peter, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Peter

Peter New member

I'm looking to view video from 4 cameras on one screen. The screen will be located up to 100 feet away from the cameras.

1) I'm looking at SPLITMUX-HD-4RT. Can you recommend other models that can offer better value?
    2) I'm seeing two RJ45 connectors on SPLITMUX-HD-4RT. What are these used for?
    3) For the extension, I'm thinking of deploying the MultiView HDMI switch by the cameras, then run a video extension to the screen (instead of positioning the switch by the screen and running four extensions). Can you recommend an HDMI extender that will accomplish this?
    4) My cameras have mini-HDMI output. Can you recommend cables to connect the cameras to the MultiView HDMI switch?
    5) Finally, can you recommend 1:2 and 1:4 HDMI splitters?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

SPLITMUX-HD-4RT is definitely suitable for your application and offers good value. You may also want to look at SPLITMUX-4K-4RT which id just a bit more expensive but supports Ultra HD/4K resolution.

One is for connecting the device to the network, so that it could be remotely controlled using a remote computer (via a built-in Web interface). The other is an RS232 connector, for remote control via an RS232 controller.

Since the extension distance doesn't exceed 100 feet, the ST-C6HD-150-LC (same brand as the switch) is a good choice that will accomplish this. Have a look at more choices (all from the same brand), but it doesn't look like you'll need anything more than ST-C6HD-150-LC is offering.

These mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter cables are of good quality.

We offer a large selection of 2-port HDMI splitters and 4-port HDMI splitters for you to choose from (we sorted them for you by price, low-to high) - all of which do a good job splitting an HDMI signal.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...