1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch HDMI instead of DisplayPort

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Craig M, May 24, 2017.

1. Craig M

Craig M New member

I just received a CS1219 and was unable to connect it because my PCs and monitor only support HDMI not DisplayPort. Is there a cable or adapter I can use to install this device?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

CS1219 doesn't exist. Is it possible you are referring to CS1912?

To this end, you would have been better served using an HDMI KVM switch, as opposed to one that is designed for DisplayPort.

DisplayPort to HDMI adapters are typically designed to work with the sources (computers) being DisplayPort. Since your computers are HDMI, it appears you won't be able to use CS1912 with adapters.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.

3. Craig Muir

Craig Muir Guest

I burned up two HDMI KVM switches because the video cards support 4K and the monitor is 4K. When the video cards detect this, they switch to 4K whether you like it or not. I selected this CS1912 because it supported 4k. I had no idea what a DisplayPort was.

Is there any KVM switch device that will support HDMI switching and not explode when the video card decides to send a 4K signal to the monitor?

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Yes.
    Have a look at these 4K HDMI KVM switches.

P.S. If you wish to respond or follow-up, it is better that you sign-in before you reply to this thread (instead of posting as a guest). This will allow you to easily look up this conversation anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...