1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch HDMI KVM switch supporting multiple USB-C laptops

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Bernard P, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Bernard P

Bernard P New member

We're looking to set up a 16 port or 32 port HDMI-USB KVM switch such as UNIMUX 4K HDMI-USB KVM Switch.

The problem is that most laptops connected to this KVM switch only have one USB-C connector (some laptops have 2x USB-C connectors). This will require us to use a USB-C adapter (such as these) to support:
    - An HDMI connection to the KVM switch
    - A USB Type-A to Type-B connection to the KVM switch
    - A USB-C power-through connection (to keep the laptop powered)
    - An RJ45 connection to the Ethernet network (perhaps via a docking station which may be more elaborate than these adapters).

Before making a purchase we want to make sure the KVM switch will actually work when connected to the laptops using such adapters/docking. So my questions are:
    1) Has this Unimux KVM switch been tested to work when connected to the laptops using such adapters/docking? (If it hasn't been tested - can you perform such testing to confirm it works?)
    2) Can you recommend other (similar) KVM switch models that have been tested to confirm they work in this type of setup?

2. Phyllis Collier

Phyllis Collier New member

Thank you for your interest in our products. I am getting with one of our technicians on this for you and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Phyllis

3. Phyllis Collier

Phyllis Collier New member

We are expecting some new test equipment to arrive this month and we would probably be able to test this for you by the end of the month. The other option is that we have an evaluation program. If you would like to get this switch in for testing with your equipment we can arrange that at no cost to you.

Just let me know how you would like to proceed.

Talk with you soon,
    Phyllis