1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch HDMI switch w/ separate audio output

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Andy F, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Andy F

Andy F New member

I have four (4) HDMI video sources (DVD player, Cable TV, etc.) but my TV only has one HDMI input.

And so I'm looking for a switch that will accept the four video sources and will send them to the TV, based on the port I select.

In addition, I need to send the audio separately to my soundbar, which accepts TOSLink optical audio.

Can you recommend a video switch that can accomplish this?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

A 4-port HDMI switch that separates the audio from the HDMI (it's called de-embedding), such as KD-Pro4x1 will do the job for you.
    The audio output from the KD-Pro4x1 switch is however RCA. Use GefenTV Digital Audio Translator to convert the output to optical for routing the audio to your sound bar.