1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Matrix HDR8X8LP-IS

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Wayne Grossett, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Wayne Grossett

Wayne Grossett New member

I'm looking at HDR8X8LP-IS and I have a few questions:

1) Can I use an extender from the output in the event I have a screen which exceeds the 40-foot supported distance from the switch?

2) Will the unit accept a signal if it's coming from a VGA to HDMI converter?

3) Can you offer other units that may have built-in extension to reach screens up to 100 feet away from the matrix?

4) Can you offer other units that may have built-in remote control options, such as shutting down a screen (or projector), perhaps by setting up a shut-off time?

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Have a look at our offering of HDMI matrix switches. In particular, look at the following models that have built-in extension:
    HDR Ultra
    HDMI Matrix Switching Kits via CAT-5e/6
    HDMI Matrix Switchers via CAT-5e/6 Extenders
    MX-8488 8x8 HD-BaseT Matrix Switcher

Yes. Such remote control of screens/projectors is typically accomplished via support for RS-232 extension, available in the following models:
    HDR Ultra
    HDMI Matrix Switchers via CAT-5e/6 Extenders
    MX-8488 8x8 HD-BaseT Matrix Switcher with 1T-CT-654A receiver.

3. Albert

Albert New member

[​IMG]Hello - Albert from Smart-AVI here...

I suggest to use the HDR8x8LP. We also offer RKT8-HDX100 rack extender that will allow you to go up to 150ft.

We do not have a way to turn off the monitors using our system, I will suggest to install
    power timer.