1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen HELP! What do I need?

Discussion in 'KVM' started by JennB, Feb 26, 2022.

1. JennB

JennB Guest

I have 2 laptops, both Windows wanting to set it up with 3 external monitors (not including the PC screen), though I would be happy with 4 a USB hub, keyboard and mouse. One PC is my work PC and a MUST have 3 monitors at all times, the other is personal and though I would prefer to have all 3 I can do with 2. There are a million different options out there, please help me on the tech specs of what it is I need to support this setup?

TIA
    JennB

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello JennB,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

You need to deploy a multi-screen KVM switch that supports triple or quad video heads.
    To facilitate this, each of your computers must have multiple video connections (on the back of its video card).

Use KVMGFilter to further narrow down your search based on Video Interface and required (Max.) Video Resolution.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.