1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Extender I am looking for a DisplayPort extender

Discussion in 'Audio/Video' started by Anthony Inmon, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Anthony Inmon

Anthony Inmon New member

Afternoon
    I am interested in a KVM extender for 4 4k monitors.
    I need a 4 port DisplayPort transmitter, need one input to feed the transmitter KVM extender and two ports for out to DisplayPort monitors, then the receiver I will need to ports for DisplayPort for the other two DisplayPort monitors.

Thank you

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Anthony,

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

We've read your request numerous times but we still do not quite understand your requirement.

1) Are you looking to extend video only? or video + keyboard + mouse?
    2) What distance are you looking to extend?

3) Are you looking to have all 4 screens display the same image coming from the one source?

4) Did you mean 2 ports?

5) Do you need 2 screens to be in proximity to the source and 2 more screens to be extended to a remote location?

6) It would be very helpful if you could include a diagram showing what you're looking to accomplish.

Awaiting your response.

3. Anthony Inmon

Anthony Inmon New member

Okay

I am looking for a kvm video extender for 4 monitors with display port connectivity.

I need a device, that from the computer using display port to connect to a transmitter connected via cat 5 network cable, that will support; 1 input from the video card; two outputs to 2 monitors with display port and for the receiver with two monitors for display port to connect to more monitors.

Distance less than 100 feet.

Yes I am looking for a device to display the same content from the one video card.

Yes the two monitors and want them to be projected to two more monitors on the opposite side of the room via kvm extender.

The transmitter should have 4 ports, 2 inputs and two outputs using display port cables.

The receiver should have 2 outputs using display port connectivy to monitors.

I hope this helps

4. KVMGalore Expert

1) Are you looking to extend video only? or video + keyboard + mouse?

Please advise.

5. Anthony Inmon

Anthony Inmon New member

to extend video only

6. KVMGalore Expert

Alright then... It is our understanding that you are looking to...
    - Take 4K DisplayPort video from one source (computer) and send the video signal to 4 monitors
    - 2 monitors are in proximity to the source
    - 2 monitors are on the other side of the room, less than 100 feet away

To accomplish this you will need the following:
    1x VS194 DisplayPort video splitter. Connect your computer (video source) to the VS194 Input port. Connect two monitors to VS194 Output #1 and Output #2 ports.
    2x VE901 DisplayPort video extenders over CATx. Connect first VE901 Transmitter to VS194 Output #3; Connect second VE901 Transmitter to VS194 Output #4. Use CATx to connect the two Transmitters to the two Receivers. Connect each Receiver to a monitor on the other side of the room.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime, or just offer your feedback.