1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Splitter KVM control MacPro from 2 rooms

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Paul m, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Paul m

Paul m Member

Can this KVM splitter: VOPEX USB/DVI/HDMI KVM Splitter, 2-Ports, work successfully with a 2 head KVM over CATx?
    Basically, I need to control Mac Pro 5,1, 2 displays, AMD VEGA 64 DP 1.4 (2k@60Hz) from one room.
    Then when needed, jump into my other room and use different keyboard & mouse.

The more I research, the more choices I find. How to find the one that suits my workflow best?

Thanks for any and all

2. Paul m

Paul m Member

I'm reading with interest all the posts available @KVMGalore Expert and I left this out: USB/DVI/DP/HDMI splitter to KVM extender (100ft CATx) for a 2 user 1 computer setup...

3. Paul m

Paul m Member

and that Vega 64 specs. = 3 DisplayPort 1.4 HDR,
    1 HDMI™ 4K60

4. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Paul m,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

We're not sure what you mean by "2 head KVM over CATx" - please advise.

VOPEX USB/DVI/HDMI KVM Splitter, 2-Ports is designed to support a computer that has only one video head, not two!

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

5. Paul m

Paul m Member

Thanks. That’s why I need some help. So to be more precise extend 1 computer KVM to 2 users in two separate rooms.

6. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

We are not aware of the existence of KVM splitters supporting dual-video.