1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Question KVM Hardware Selection

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Matt B., Dec 21, 2021.

1. Matt B.

Matt B. Guest

Hello,

I would like some assistance with sourcing a KVM solution for our environment and use case.

We currently have a LAN that is comprised of a 48 port switch and 40 iMac devices. There are currently four iMac workstations that we would like to remotely access from other devices on the network. Ideally, we would like to be able to remotely control the four workstations from any of the other iMacs on the network without any special hardware. However, I am aware that some console stations do need a hardware component, so please feel free to offer hardware and software based solutions so we can compare options.

Can you please offer up a few solutions that you think may work and identify the pros/cons of each considering the below desired features?

Desired Features

• Ability to remotely control four iMac workstations with USB and video support (I can procure whatever video adapters may be needed)
    • Ability to have two simultaneously connected remote users. Two is required but more simultaneous users would be preferred. These remote users would be connecting from Mac OS workstations.
    • Webpage or software based remote console access from Mac OS workstations to be able to cycle through the four remote workstations. We’ve had bad luck with solutions that require Java usage so if there is a Java free solution, we would prefer that.
    Thank you,
    Matt B.