1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

IP KVM Over IP Compatibility

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Ricarte D. Fermin Jr., Aug 3, 2021.

1. Hello. I would like to ask if the AVX1008IP-US works with the following computer models with specific functions?

Host Computers:
    Dell Precision 5540
    Lenovo T14
    Lenovo P53
    HP Elitebook 830 G6

Workstations (Controlling Computers):
    Lenovo X1 Tablet
    Dell Precision 5540
    Thank you!

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Ricarte D. Fermin Jr.,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

Not sure what you mean by computer models with specific functions. Please advise.

AVX1008IP-US, just as any other KVM switch, is a 100% hardware solution designed to control any computer that matches its supported keyboard/mouse and video protocols.
    This compatibility is facilitated by your choice of CAM (dongle) that is being used to connect the switch to each computer.
    As you can see listed at the bottom of the product page, AVX1008IP-US uses CAMs supporting:
    - USB keyboard/mouse and VGA video (with optional audio support)
    - PS/2 keyboard/mouse and VGA video (with optional audio support)
    - USB keyboard/mouse, audio and DisplayPort video
    - USB keyboard/mouse, audio and Mini-DisplayPort video

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.

3. I'm asking if the AVX1008IP-US works well with the computers listed above. Thanks!

4. KVMGalore Expert

AVX1008IP-US works well with any computer that has keyboard/mouse and video interfaces that are supported by the compatible CAMs we listed earlier.

5. Thank you so much for the information!

6. Hello. Will the KVM Switch work at least if the CAM and KVM Switch come from different manufacturers? I was thinking to use the dongle that I have instead of purchasing one. Please let me know if it will work. Thanks!

7. KVMGalore Expert