1. It is better to sign-up/log-in before you post your question (or reply to an existing thread), instead of posting as a guest.
    This will allow you to easily look up the Q&A sequence anytime, anywhere, with just one mouse click. Learn more...

You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts, or create a KVMGalore HelpCenter user-name/password.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-screen KVM Recommendation

Discussion in 'KVM' started by Peter M, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Peter M

Peter M Guest

I have 2 monitors connected to a Lenovo Thinkpad dock type 40AJ, both monitors are using DP cables and the dock does not have 2 HDMI ports. I'd like to be able to switch between the docked ThinkPad and my 2019 Macbook Pro 16". I was thinking about using this dock for my Macbook. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

2. KVMGalore Expert

KVMGalore Expert Staff Member

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out on our HelpCenter.

To switch between your two laptops, each having 2x DisplayPort connections, so that you end up with one console consisting of 2x monitors and 1x keyboard/mouse, you need a dual-video DisplayPort KVM switch.

We are not familiar with this model.

Hope this helps!
    We welcome your questions - please come back and ask us anything, anytime. You may also give us a call at 1-800-636-3434 for further clarifications on this thread.

Important note: To continue this discussion - please respond via KVMGalore HelpCenter thread, NOT via e-mail.